Seventh Wave Wetsuits Ltd (trading as "seventhwave" ) is a New Zealand owned private company.
SEVENTHWAVE WETSUITS POLICIES
Seventhwave wetsuits products are made from a wide variety of fabric types and should be cared for accordingly. Because we care alot about our environment we make sure our products are built to last, keeping them out of the landfill for longer. But how long they last is determined by how well you look after it. Please refer to our FAQ page for the best way to look after your gear.
We back our gear so much we offer a LIFETIME stitching warranty. This does not cover excessive wear and tear and/or if you haven’t cared for your wetsuit as per our care guides. We also offer a 12 month warranty on the neoprene.
As part of our commitment to our environment our products are built so they are repairable until old and rotten. So if you need a repair please check out our repair page.
All orders over $100 include free shipping via Castle Parcels or Post Haste Courier within New Zealand (except rural which incurs a rural charge fee). PLEASE NOTE our courier does NOT deliver to PO Boxes. If you only have a PO Box for delivery we can arrange this with NZ couriers at your own cost.
• Once we have received your payment, your awesome goods will be sent out within two working days (unless otherwise notified). Custom-fit orders do take a bit longer (but worth the wait,) it usually takes around 10-15 working days for us to handcraft these for you before we send them to your loving arms. We will email you to let you know that you can start getting excited about your new gear arriving, along with tracking details. (don’t you love getting a parcel in the mail!!)
• Please allow 1-3 working days for delivery. (rural can be a bit longer).
The great news is we love sending our NZ made gear overseas so for orders over $499 it is FREE shipping to our international customers.
• We currently ship to (and accept payment from) Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Samoa, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, UK, USA, Vanuatu, Uruguay and Vietnam. Our International Economy Courier service delivers to PO Boxes in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Singapore and USA
• Delivery target is one to four (2-4) weeks depending on where in the world you live
• If you Live in another country and would love some of our NZ made gear, please contact us and we will try and find a delivery option.
• Your order is charged in NZ$ at the prices listed on the website and will incur a shipping fee if the order is below $499NZ or express shipping is required.
• Please note that international orders may incur a variety of local import taxes, customs, duty, or GST/VAT. Seventhwave is not responsible for payment of any fees or charges imposed once the package reaches your country — they are not included in your payment to Seventhwave and are payable by yourself to the appropriate government agencies. If you have concerns regarding the imposition of taxes, fees or duties, please research at your end before ordering.
Shipping timeframes are estimates only, and subject to postal delivery services of the area, countries of origin and arrival. Seventhwave takes no responsibility for delayed deliveries or for the condition of the parcel on arrival. If your order hasn’t arrived when expected please us so we can track and trace the item and work with all parties for the best outcome.
Resale or disclosure of information to third parties
Seventhwave does not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected by our website, including contact forms, download requests or email lists.
Any personal fitting information, including photos, is stored securely and privately, and will not be shared. This is used solely for the purpose of getting the best fit possible.
Seventhwave uses the highest level of SSL browser encryption to ensure that all sensitive data transmissions (including credit card and payment information) are encrypted and secured to the highest level possible.
We want you to be super stoked with your NZ made gear. We take a lot of pride in making it so you can take a lot of pride in wearing it.
You have 7 days from the time you receive your order to refund or exchange it.
If you have any fitting issues with your new custom-fit wetsuit, please follow our fitting guide of wetsuit techniques, and if your still having issues refer to What if my custom-fit wetsuit doesn't fit? Email us at email@example.com so we can discuss this with you. If it is a fit issue we will need photos of the gear on BEFORE you send it back.
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind or maybe the style isn't right for you, please contact us immediately so we can help you find the right solution., If the order genuinely doesn't fit or you are unhappy with your order we will modify, exchange, give you an in-store credit or refund your item.
New Sale Items or clearance wetsuits can receive in-store credit or exchange. We do not refund Sale or Clearance Items. There is no returns on second hand items, ie trade ins.
We are only able to accept returns for UNUSED products in their original packaging. Please take care when packing it up as they crease if not folded carefully and this can damage the products. We do not refund damaged products.
Shipping is not refundable. You are responsible for shipping back to the store, but if you are receiving an exchange and live in New Zealand, we will ship that back to you for free. Not applicable to International orders.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to let you know that we have received it. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund/credit/exchange will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, this can take 1-2 weeks.
Please fill in this return form. This allows us to keep track of who the return has come from. Return Form
To return your item, you should mail it in it's original packaging to:
6/1063 Ferry Road
Changes to an order
If you want to change your order (such as colour or style), please contact us immediately. Due to the construction process of a wetsuit it is sometimes possible to change or modify your order, but we work fast at Seventhwave so please contact us ASAP. If the order is being custom made and has been started we are unable to change your order.
Seventhwave's unique warranty policy
Because we make our wetsuits here in NZ we know how good they are and to back that up we offer a LIFETIME warranty on our stitching!!! We have suits that are 22 years old that come in and yes if it's stitching they need fixed, IT'S FREE!
Any faults in the material are covered by our 12 month Warranty.
What we're saying is "We've made a great wetsuit out of the best materials in the best way we can to give you the maximum benefit of it and we are willing to back that up." Please note the warranty is valid to the original owner only and proof of purchase maybe required.
Even though the materials are covered by a 12 month warranty, with careful use and regular maintenance you should expect 2-4 seasons (or more, we see 7 year old wetsuits still going strong) from your Seventhwave wetsuit.
We have our own parts and repair service to keep your wetsuit running for many years. We make our wetsuits so they can be repaired and easily fixed, costing you less and keeping the landfills as free of wetsuits as possible. We complete all our repairs here in our Christchurch factory and aim to have our wetsuits back in the water ASAP. There is nothing worse than your suit needing repair and waiting months. So we offer a priority repair service for our customers as our way of saying thank you for supporting NZ made. We aim for a 2-10 day turn around on our suits.
If you have a warranty question please contact us first with your enquiry so we can give you the best advice.
The warranty covers the neoprene, taping, stitching, gluing, splitting, delamination, for 12 months from date of purchase to the original purchaser. The warranty also covers the stitching for the lifetime of the wetsuit to the original owner.
The warranty does not cover colour fading, tearing from a washing machine or dryer (please don't put your wetsuit in a machine), fin cuts, general or excessive wear & tear, mistreatment or abuse.
We will not replace wetsuits that have been mistreated or not cared for as per our care guide.
You have to pay for shipping back to Seventhwave. If the item is faulty or being exchanged we will gladly ship the exchanged item to you for free.
The warranty period is automatically started on any purchase from www.seventhwave.co.nz or in store.
Look after your wetsuit. Give it the care and maintenance it deserves and you will get an awesome life out of your Seventhwave wetsuit.
"Everyday we build quality products. We expect our wetsuits’ life to be measured in years and thousands of hours of water-sport time, because it’s over that lifetime of use that our customers experience the real value of a Seventhwave wetsuit."
TRADE IN POLICYWe trade in kids wetsuits only.
We do not trade in adults wetsuits
We do not buy second hand wetsuits.
We do not trade in any light gear/titanium hot top or rash shirts.
The trade in must be from the original owner of the wetsuit.
We do not trade really old/faded/torn/damaged or rotten kids wetsuits.